Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Utah



I had the opportunity to go up to Utah Last week. Our good Friends Jake and Melanie Erickson were moving up to Logan for a semester of school so I got to hitch a ride, help with their cute little girl Ella and to be an extra driver. Our drive was quite an adventure we had 2 cars Melanie Ella and I in one and Jake in the other pulling the trailer of all there stuff. About half way through our drive right in between Page Arizona and Kanab Utah The radiator in the Tahoe Jake was driving got a bad leak. The leak was bad enough that Jake couldn't keep driving. It was a very hot day and we were 40 min from either city but Jake sent Mel and me to go get what we needed to fix the car. We decided to try going forward to Kanab and Jake said he would try and slowly continue behind us. Despite construction the whole way between us and an auto shop we made it to Kanab and back to Jake in just under 2 hours. A patch kit we decided to pick up in addition to what Jake had asked for ended up being just the thing needed to fix the crack. We spent another hour and half on the side of the road fixing the car, which aloud me to take some great pictures and gave Ella a break from her car seat. Our little set back cost us quite alot of time we were hoping to be in Salt Lake by 8:30 and we ended up not getting in till 1:30 in the morning. Needless to say it was a very long day and we were very ready to get into beds asap. Some of my wonderful Friends were so kind to put us all up for the night last min. The next Day Jake and Mel continued up to Logan and I got to go spend a few days with my best friend and cousin Kamilla and her family. We had a really great time her 2 little boys Lincoln 3 and Micah 9months are so cute and so fun. We colored on the porch with chalk watched some awesome movies and took alot of pictures. I was also able to see my Cousin Ammon and his wife Nicole and their 2 boys, my cousin Ashley her husband Dan and their 3 kids We were able to get a shot of all the kids together for my Aunt Kathryn, she is my moms younger sister but she already has 7 grand kids, and they are all so cute. It was great to see my family and friends in Utah, I am so grateful for all of them. I was able to spend a little bit of time with my grandma Kelson while I was there as well and she is so wonderful I just love her. Family is amazing I wish I could be with all my extended family more I miss them when we are apart and can't wait to get together again. After along flight with a stop in Vegas I happily made it home to my wonderful husband Dahr. I was exhausted from my lack of sleep I had had my whole trip due to late night fun with Kamilla that I crashed I had along day of work in the morning and then we were heading out on a back packing trip. I will write all about that soon :)

Dray

3 comments:

Vicki Johnson said...

so fun!! these photos are awesome. love you!! xoxo

Kamilla said...

I loved that you came to play with me! Thanks for being my best friend.

Andrea Hale said...

So fun that you got to go up there! Stinks about the way up though! I hadn't heard about that-what a total bummer! You are motivating me to be better with my blog too... it's been months!!